Understanding SEO SEM
Ever wonder what is the difference between SEO and SEM. All seems confusing to a daily commoner. Basically, SEO and SEM are used to drive website traffic and grow a company business digitally.
- SEM – PAY to appear in search engine
- SEO – ORGANIC way to appear in search engine
SEM or known as search engine marketing is part of digital marketing that involves money to gain better awareness in the SERP world. A paid SEM strategy often includes different method and continous effort and change to better produce effective results.
One of an example of SEM will be Google Ads, previously known as Google Adwords. Digital marketers like Adssential Marketing will conduct keyword research, strategy planning, competitor analysis, negative keywords, long tailed keywords and best keywords to be used in the campaign base on individual industry. These custom ads that is being created will appear on search engines and is being charged each time a user clicks on it.
1. On-Page SEO which optimize the whole website in every levels base on per page basis. These methods include the use of keyword planning, keyword optimization, on-page optimization that helps search engine to easily identify and rank pages based on certain criteria.
2. Off-Page SEO involves optimizing web pages out of your controlled environment such as back-links and authority of your domain from other websites to your website. When such situation happens, your website is made known that you are credible and reliable sources as everybody is linking towards you.
3. Technical SEO optimizes non content element. Basically improving on the bolts and nuts of a website ensuring proper white hat rules are placed which allows the search robots to crawl better. These relates to many factors such as speed, mobile, indexing, architecture and security.
Digital marketing, just what you needed.